Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2932W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 214W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 415W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed