未来へようこそ

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Fan swaps that actually lowered noise

brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
A 252W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2780W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1282W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
A 2940W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1961W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3070W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3025W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1558W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1306W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2746W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed