未来へようこそ

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2382W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
A 45W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2863W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2746W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2460W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 150W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 148W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2393W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 890W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my L7 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. a 931W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 06:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 41W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 998W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 00:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed