Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · General

New members: introduce yourselves

golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 07:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 2172W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1292W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3093W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1713W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1900W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1794W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed