← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 06:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 10:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2214W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
A 2176W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1766W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 16:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 750W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1465W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 73W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?