欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 16

frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 63W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 51W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2540W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 689W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2535W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1557W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 10:00 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 10:20 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1094W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3038W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 23:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
A 1659W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
A 2239W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2061W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2001W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2820W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 2830W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2211W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1613W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed