Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my L7 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 06:40 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1932W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 342W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 14:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2164W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
A 676W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 20:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 20:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2515W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2752W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. a 2384W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed