Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Your winter heat-reuse plans, 68 days out

night-block-742 · 05/10/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 08:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1526W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1832W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 633W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2234W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/10/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 05/10/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2955W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 16:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 05/10/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 18:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 500W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 21:50 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. a 52W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 743W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1588W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
A 144W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1166W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 20:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2308W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1925W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 247W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1440W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 06:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 08:30 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 108W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 11:10 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 867W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2156W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2891W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 18:50 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
A 694W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed