Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Pool support quality across the alts

delta-circuit-965 · 05/10/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 10:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1120W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/10/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1835W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 13:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 549W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 05/10/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 14:10 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 15:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1860W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
A 2545W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2615W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 17:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/10/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 17:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 18:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/10/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 19:30 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/10/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 05/10/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 05/10/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 05/10/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/10/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1430W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/10/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2958W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/10/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/10/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/10/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1848W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 00:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 00:40 UTC
A 2082W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 2104W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 3282W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
A 2487W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed