← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
L7 owners: what would you change?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/10/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2301W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/10/26 22:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/10/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 05/10/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 05/10/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 125W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/10/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2911W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 05/10/26 23:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3086W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/10/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my M50 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 00:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 00:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2876W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 10:00 UTC
A 687W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 10:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 14:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
A 3355W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 17:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
A 3210W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3214W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2857W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3151W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 551W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 03:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 08:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 10:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 534W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2354W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 15:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2218W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 17:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3213W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1300W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 121W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1773W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 450W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 06:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my S19 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 10:00 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 11:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 619W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 646W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 17:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2220W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1305W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1760W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2221W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1031W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 01:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 09/10/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.