Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Best budget PSU finds this month

rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 04:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1882W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 542W nobody budgets for.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2595W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2219W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2873W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 10:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2566W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 16:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3328W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 466W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 1025W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 01:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1259W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 03:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 76W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2435W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. a 1725W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. my KS3 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 09:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2899W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
A 2854W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2813W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 14:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 18:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2009W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 22:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 22:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 01:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2465W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1644W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 15:20 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my L7 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 426W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1305W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 727W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/10/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed