← Forum ·
Hashrate & Rig Rental
Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 03:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 312W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 3058W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1751W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 20:40 UTC
A 3097W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1262W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2298W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?