欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Your winter heat-reuse plans, 66 days out

atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1994W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 03:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 04:10 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 323W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 166W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 17:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3399W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 361W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 03:40 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 326W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1498W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 08:30 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2601W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1041W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2336W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. a 3036W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 21:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 23:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 23:00 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 341W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 517W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 03:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed