Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1562W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2566W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
A 2251W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 232W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 22:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 497W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 03:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my M60 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2751W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 1089W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1982W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 871W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 189W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 18:50 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 269W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 22:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 22:40 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 00:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 04:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 04:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1803W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 07:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 478W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1408W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 11:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1943W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1817W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 18:30 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 72W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed