未来へようこそ

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2934W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2447W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my old S9 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
A 630W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1204W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2678W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my S19 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1185W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1153W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
A 2673W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 03:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 03:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2501W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 516W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2221W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 05:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3053W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2453W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 607W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 390W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1938W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 226W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 05:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1434W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 09:00 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 10:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1625W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my L7 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2060W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 15:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
A 3139W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3193W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 22:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 23:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2649W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed