미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?

golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
A 816W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 10:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 112W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3223W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 16:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1674W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2211W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed