Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

M50 owners: what would you change?

zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my L7 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3276W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1379W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 14:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2188W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1046W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 19:00 UTC
A 2162W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed