Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 36

noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1080W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 06:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 846W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 08:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 09:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/10/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 12:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2664W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 15:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 06/10/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 06/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. my S21 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 20:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 21:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1467W nobody budgets for.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1230W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 03:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 06:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 08:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 3200W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2484W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2374W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3064W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3167W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 265W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1162W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 13:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 944W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1835W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
A 1868W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3054W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 702W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/10/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/10/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/10/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/10/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed