Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Seed storage upgrades — what did you actually do?

silent-nonce-260 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 06/10/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 256W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 06/10/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 07:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 815W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/10/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3233W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 10:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/10/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/10/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/10/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
A 1371W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 11:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 06/10/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 14:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 06/10/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 813W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/10/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 145W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 20:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/10/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/10/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 06/10/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 06/10/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/10/26 22:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/10/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/10/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/10/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 03:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 03:40 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 924W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1555W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 533W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 14:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 15:50 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 18:50 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1375W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 198W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2842W nobody budgets for.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1063W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 23:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 402W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 00:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my L7 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 03:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed