未来へようこそ

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

golden-stratum-402 · 06/10/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2912W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2033W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 06/10/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/10/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3258W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/10/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/10/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/10/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 01:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 3377W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 664W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 07:00 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 08:30 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 748W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1952W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2842W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 699W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2966W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 110W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed