Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Suppliers: your contract must-haves

cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 02:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1915W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
A 2728W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1183W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3162W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 17:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 23:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 23:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1261W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 00:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed