欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1393W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 04:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 88W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3314W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 15:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3324W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 18:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 367W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 22:00 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1420W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1821W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 813W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 05:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 06:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
A 177W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my KS3 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1474W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1036W nobody budgets for.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my L7 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1660W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 628W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2759W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 1371W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed