Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 09:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1368W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 967W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 603W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 17:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2036W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 968W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1275W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 02:20 UTC
A 544W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
A 787W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 03:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 3108W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 07:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my L7 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1734W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2565W nobody budgets for.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 895W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 15:10 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 15:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1587W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 22:20 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
A 1877W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/10/26 00:40 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2776W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 09/10/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed