미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

turbo-cipher-977 · 07/10/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1255W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 11:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 15:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 19:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 20:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 07/10/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed