Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?

atomic-relay-130 · 07/10/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 07/10/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/10/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1840W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/10/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1585W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 13:00 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/10/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2330W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/10/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/10/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 597W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 07/10/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2919W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 16:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 134W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/10/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/10/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 18:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/10/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 07/10/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 335W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/10/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 07/10/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 07/10/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/10/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 690W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 567W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 03:10 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1112W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed