Welcome to the Future

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Best budget PSU finds this month

lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/10/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/10/26 22:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 07/10/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/10/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 00:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 04:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 05:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3021W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2042W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2196W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2571W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 98W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my L7 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed