欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

brave-rig-256 · 07/10/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/10/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/10/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 07/10/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 494W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/10/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 00:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 00:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 03:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3380W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. a 1995W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 883W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 395W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1914W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
A 2292W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1995W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/10/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed