Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1293W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2326W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. a 532W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1404W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 11:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2138W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3040W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 464W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
A 931W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 01:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/10/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/10/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed