미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

night-block-742 · 08/10/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1331W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 06:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 10:20 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 611W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1697W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 2911W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/10/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1085W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 09/10/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 03:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed