← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
Best budget PSU finds this month
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 03:50 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1833W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1869W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 11:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 1813W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 12:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. a 1735W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2687W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 17:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3324W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 248W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2773W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 22:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1954W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 48W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 127W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 09/10/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?