未来へようこそ

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 06:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 330W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 12:00 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1981W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3205W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
A 1735W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. my L7 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 03:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 03:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed