Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · General

What brought you to the forum this week?

atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2217W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 07:10 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3181W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. a 703W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 22:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed