Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 07:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
A 311W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
A 2199W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 09:20 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 16:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 77W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 18:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 18:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 21:20 UTC
A 2633W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 21:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 157W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed