미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3082W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2385W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my L7 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 09:40 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1535W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/10/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 14:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 17:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 22:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 22:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/10/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 540W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed