未来へようこそ

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 810W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my L7 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 1736W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/10/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 15:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 15:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 16:50 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. my S21 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2396W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/10/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1279W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 21:40 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1747W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/10/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/10/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1531W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed