欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

XMR miners check in — how's stability?

nova-cipher-479 · 08/10/26 09:10 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 08/10/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/10/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2038W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my S19 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/10/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 08/10/26 12:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/10/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3056W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/10/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/10/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/10/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/10/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 17:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 08/10/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1515W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/10/26 18:20 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 08/10/26 19:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/10/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/10/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. a 950W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/10/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my L7 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 08/10/26 20:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 08/10/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/10/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 08/10/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/10/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1614W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/10/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3300W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1410W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1384W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 03:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 09/10/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed