← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional
atomic-miner-339 · 08/10/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 08/10/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 08/10/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 00:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/10/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 118W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/10/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1599W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 02:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.