← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/10/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2959W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 01:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/10/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/10/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 09/10/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/10/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 09/10/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 09/10/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 05:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 09/10/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 09/10/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 06:30 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 06:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/10/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 09/10/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 09/10/26 07:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 08:20 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/10/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 09/10/26 09:50 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 10:00 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/10/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 09/10/26 10:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 09/10/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2114W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 13:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 581W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 14:10 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 09/10/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/10/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3229W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/10/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.