← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
Second-hand market sanity check
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 09/10/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 05:40 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 06:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 06:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 06:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/10/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 09/10/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/10/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 09/10/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 1133W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/10/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/10/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. a 1947W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 12:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3342W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?