← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 05:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 09/10/26 05:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/10/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 09/10/26 05:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/10/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 09/10/26 06:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 07:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 08:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/10/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/10/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/10/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/10/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 10:20 UTC
A 2602W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?