← Forum ·
Bitcoin Mining
What made you start mining in the first place?
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 05:00 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/10/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 06:20 UTC
A 2850W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 09/10/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/10/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/10/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/10/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1649W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?