欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?

turbo-cipher-977 · 09/10/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/10/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 09/10/26 06:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 09/10/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 09/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 07:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3013W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/10/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/10/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 10:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/10/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/10/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 886W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 09/10/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/10/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 09/10/26 13:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 460W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/10/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 15:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/10/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/10/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/10/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/10/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/10/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 09/10/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/10/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 09/10/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 17:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 09/10/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed