← Forum ·
Hashrate & Rig Rental
Renters: what made you trust a listing?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 06:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 06:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1396W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 06:20 UTC
A 2725W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 06:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/10/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 496W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 09/10/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. my M50 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 09/10/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 09/10/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1150W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/10/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2627W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 09/10/26 10:50 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/10/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 11:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/10/26 12:30 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/10/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 12:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/10/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.