未来へようこそ

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

lucky-halving-589 · 09/10/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/10/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 09/10/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/10/26 07:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 09/10/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/10/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 09/10/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 09/10/26 09:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/10/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/10/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/10/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/10/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 09/10/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/10/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/10/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/10/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 09/10/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/10/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/10/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 09/10/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/10/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 09/10/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/10/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 09/10/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed