← Forum ·
General
Weekly wins and losses thread
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 04:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 05:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 05:40 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2715W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 07:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?