欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 04:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 05:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 05:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 05:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1162W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 08:40 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2029W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1081W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 11:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed