Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 960W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 08:10 UTC
A 1537W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 3349W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 09:20 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 437W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3156W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1144W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 13:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
A 668W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 20:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3135W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 22:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 00:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 00:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 00:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 01:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 146W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. my L7 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 06:20 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 06:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1604W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 09:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1360W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 13:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed