미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2422W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 07:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 07:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 10:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 12:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 12:30 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 13:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed