Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2461W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 09:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 886W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 13:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3143W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 15:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 3230W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 17:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 18:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1534W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1233W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 20:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 21:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 22:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1163W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
A 3180W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2481W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 04:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 04:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 07:20 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed