未来へようこそ

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Bitaxe owners: what would you change?

atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 11:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 11:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2313W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 13:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 2345W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 14:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 15:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1559W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 278W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 16:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1772W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 20:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3062W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3048W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 06:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 79W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 100W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 07:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 695W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2472W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 11:10 UTC
A 2693W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed